Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Astons Prime @ Centrepoint

Not too long ago, I first tried Astons Prime (the higher price and quality restaurant compared to the regular Astons chain of restaurant) at Joo Chiat, and find the food there quite good value for money for the quality of food they are serving. So last weekend, danieru弁~~V(^o^)V and I decided to try out the food at their new outlet.

Photobucket

We arrived slightly past 6pm, and it was only 25% filled. Staffs were friendly and promptly directed us to a table.

Photobucket

I ordered the Soup of the Day, which was the Cream of Chicken soup. The soup was chokeful of chicken meat and vegetables. I find it good value given that the soup here was only S$3.90.

Photobucket

Was also surprised that here they provide diners with rock salt instead of the normal table salt.

Photobucket

danieru弁~~V(^o^)V ordered the Ribeye with brussel sprouts and baked potato. I tried half of his brussel sprouts and find it quite tasteless even though it was cooked with some butter. But the Ribeye was very attractive. Quite a huge slab of meat.

Photobucket

As I was recovering from fever after getting the H1N1 vaccine, I got myself the King Salmon Steak with corn on the cob and baked potatoes. When the manager asked me how I want my salmon done, I was quite surprised as I thought only steaks deserved such treatment. I took the manager's recommendation of medium rare, although when it was served it looked more like well done. Still, the salmon was tasty and I think the corn on the cob was one of the best I have eaten in recent times. Baked potato was average.

No GST and service charge from Astons Prime. Truly value for money without sacrificing on quality and taste.


ASTONS PRIME
176 Orchard Road
Centrepoint #03-45/46/47

No comments:

Post a Comment